Thinking of having a garment made for you?
What you think you are paying for:
What you’re actually paying for:
- Someone to create a design or alter a pattern to your unique measurements.
- Time spent researching the perfect materials and notions to use.
- Gas money or shipping charges to buy your fabric.
- More than minimum wage for the hours spent making your garment.
- Expensive equipment and tools necessary to create quality products.
- Years and years of practice and experience.
- Classes and research to learn new techniques.
- Business license fees and taxes.
A dressmaker's prices can’t compete with the huge corporations that buy their materials in bulk and pay foreign workers low wages. What we do provide is excellent quality and customer service and a product made with a lot of love.
Remember, you aren’t just buying a dress; you are hiring someone to make a one-of-a-kind garment just for you!